PARENTS: For Monthly Reminders and Pooh Corner News:
The Best Kept Secret in Hanover!
Schedule a tour:
- HOLIDAY – Pooh Corner’s holiday schedule will be as follows: Pooh Corner will be closed on Thursday, November 26th for Thanksgiving. We will be OPEN all day on Friday, November 27th. Pooh Corner will close at 2:00 on Thursday, December 24th and will be closed all day on Friday, December 25th for the Christmas holiday. Pooh Corner will close at 2:00 on Thursday, December 31st and will be closed all day on Friday, January 1st for the New Year’s holiday.
- NEW CHILDREN – We have several new children to introduce who joined us in September. Niko Cavanaugh was new to the Infant class and his brother, Ian, was new to the Bumble Bee class. Vera Rackley and Andre Barsalou were new to the Toddler class. Grace Cumming was new to the Tabby Cat class. Makenzie Bogar and Lily Jones were new to the School Age Virtual Learning class. We would like to welcome these children and their families to Pooh Corner Center.
- PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES – We have set aside times for Parent/Teacher Conferences on October 27th, 28th, and 29th between 12:15 and 1:30. If you would like to schedule a conference with your child’s teacher, please see Mrs. Darlene.
- SCHOOL AGE REPORT – School has begun, and we are all starting to adjust to our new schedules. For our virtual learners, we have multiple teachers in our two rooms so that we can provide assistance as needed. Our internet service has been updated, and we have more than enough bandwidth for all virtual learners to access their meetings and assignments. There have been a few issues with Zoom, and the Chromebooks occasionally misbehave, but we are quickly becoming experts at troubleshooting these problems. Our goal every day is to complete all assignments so your child won’t have to finish anything at home. For those who are attending face-to-face school, we are available to offer homework assistance as needed. Please let us know if you would like us to work with your child after school. Hanover Schools will have an early release on October 12th. ($12.00 extra for Face to Face children.)
- FALL PICTURES – Southern Smiles Photography will be here on October 9th from 9-11a.m. to take Fall pictures of the children. All infants, toddlers, and preschoolers present that day will be photographed. Virtual school-age children who are here that day must sign up to have pictures taken. Please watch for a sign-up sheet as the date approaches.
A safe, fun and nurturing environment.
Pooh Corner has been caring for children for over 30 years as a state licensed center with excellent ratings and a solid reputation since our beginning.
We care for children from 4 weeks to 12 years of age — year round. All of our programs, full and part-time, are nurturing and structured, with emphasis on the appropriate educational skills at each stage of development.
Pooh Corner Child Care Center cares for children from the areas of, but not limited to, Ashland, Atlee, Hanover, Glen Allen, Elmont and areas as far as Richmond, Virginia.
We specialize in the following:
Teddy Bear Class
Before & After School
Summer & Back-up Care
Activities, Lessons and Field Trips and at Pooh Corner.
We are more than a childcare center. Our childcare and early education programs focus on school readiness, social and emotional development, literacy, problem solving and other critical life skills – with all the fun of being a kid mixed in!
Such as music and dance classes, gymnastics and movement classes, and drawing and computer classes.
We also have
Special activities at the center, such as Water Works and visits from the ice cream truck.
Weekly trips swimming, skating, bowling, visiting the library and various parks.
Group activity time
Includes arts and crafts, board games, working together in groups to complete projects, active games, and much more.
Welcome to Pooh Corner’s latest news, events and blog section. This is where you will find helpful information throughout the year. Check back often for updates!
School has begun, and we are all starting to adjust to our new schedules. For our virtual learners, we have multiple teachers in our two rooms so that we can provide assistance as needed. Our internet service has been updated, and we have more than enough bandwidth...
INFANT TIDBITS Niko is adjusting nicely. He is pulling to a stand and starting to drink from a sippy cup. Sydney is sitting up without assistance. She is starting to crawl. Torien is starting to turn himself over from tummy to back. He likes tummy time. Wise is...
Our new school year is going very well! Everyone has adjusted to new classrooms, teachers and routines. We are sad to see the end of our ice cream visits, but it was great to have an extra month of sweets. Our demo classes for the extra-curricular activities went very...
A long tradition of quality care.
Welcome to Pooh Corner. Our website offers you the opportunity to learn more about Pooh Corner Child Care Center, founded in 1984. To learn more about us, click any item on our menu. If you have comments or questions, let us know by clicking Contact Us. Thank you for visiting and be sure to check back often for updated information.
Darlene Holmes, Director