PARENTS: For Monthly Reminders and Pooh Corner News:
The Best Kept Secret in Hanover!
Schedule a tour:
- NEW CHILDREN – We have several new children to introduce who joined us in January. Lucas Morvan and Graham Sherrod were new in the Infant class. Naomi Speh was new to the Bumble Bee class. We would like to welcome these children and their families to Pooh Corner Center.
- ALL CENTER PAJAMA DAY #3– Pajama Day seems to be a HUGE hit for everyone, including teachers! We will have another Pajama Day on Feb. 2nd. Let’s see how many different sets of P.J.s everyone has!
- TAX RECEIPTS – Everyone should have gotten their year end tax receipts by now. If you have not gotten yours please see Mrs. Darlene.
- REMINDER – Please be sure to let us know when your child will not be attending Pooh Corner for ANY reason. We need to know this for lunch and food counts, and most importantly, for maintaining ratios. If your child is out sick, please let us know of any symptoms your child may be experiencing. This is required, as stated in the Parental Agreement that everyone signs. It is helpful if we can let other parents know what symptoms to look for, in case there is more than one child with similar symptoms.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER – Along with the holiday season comes the possibility of SNOW! Please know that we make EVERY effort possible to remain open during inclement weather. However, should there be a need to close the center, it will be announced as early as possible. It will be announced on WTVR 6 and any affiliated radio stations. We will post any closings on our website and update the message on our phone line.
- TIME TO UPDATE – I still need quite a few parents to update the information for their child’s file. If you have not done so, PLEASE pick up the forms from the office and return as soon as possible. We need the Emergency Professional Medical Service Authorization form and the Registration form done. It is extremely important that we have correct phone numbers and addresses for everyone. We also need email addresses for parents as well. Please make sure we are able to get in touch with you at all times in case of an emergency or illness.
A safe, fun and nurturing environment.
Pooh Corner has been caring for children for over 30 years as a state licensed center with excellent ratings and a solid reputation since our beginning.
We care for children from 4 weeks to 12 years of age — year round. All of our programs, full and part-time, are nurturing and structured, with emphasis on the appropriate educational skills at each stage of development.
Pooh Corner Child Care Center cares for children from the areas of, but not limited to, Ashland, Atlee, Hanover, Glen Allen, Elmont and areas as far as Richmond, Virginia.
We specialize in the following:
Teddy Bear Class
Before & After School
Summer & Back-up Care
Activities, Lessons and Field Trips and at Pooh Corner.
We are more than a childcare center. Our childcare and early education programs focus on school readiness, social and emotional development, literacy, problem solving and other critical life skills – with all the fun of being a kid mixed in!
Such as music and dance classes, gymnastics and movement classes, and drawing and computer classes.
We also have
Special activities at the center, such as Water Works and visits from the ice cream truck.
Weekly trips swimming, skating, bowling, visiting the library and various parks.
Group activity time
Includes arts and crafts, board games, working together in groups to complete projects, active games, and much more.
Welcome to Pooh Corner’s latest news, events and blog section. This is where you will find helpful information throughout the year. Check back often for updates!
January certainly went by fast! We enjoyed Pajama Day and are looking forward to the next one in February. We will have a Valentine Exchange on Feb. 12th. Please watch for a list of all of the school-agers names as the date approaches. Everyone is working hard on...
We had a great beginning to the New Year! Everyone enjoyed wearing pajamas to school and we can’t wait until the next pajama day on Feb. 2nd. Our extra-curricular activities are going very well, with Music on Mondays and Stretch-n-Grow on Tuesdays. Both activities...
INFANT TIDBITS We would like to welcome Lucas Morvan and Graham Sherrod and their families to the Infant class. Lucas C. likes to dance when the teachers sing songs. He loves to blow kisses. Sydney is starting to pull up and take steps on her own. She is starting to...
A long tradition of quality care.
Welcome to Pooh Corner. Our website offers you the opportunity to learn more about Pooh Corner Child Care Center, founded in 1984. To learn more about us, click any item on our menu. If you have comments or questions, let us know by clicking Contact Us. Thank you for visiting and be sure to check back often for updated information.
Darlene Holmes, Director