PARENTS: For Monthly Reminders and Pooh Corner News:
The Best Kept Secret in Hanover!
Schedule a tour:
- NEW CHILDREN – We have one new child to introduce who joined us in November. Kori Winston was new to the Infant class. Her big brother, Kristian, is here in the Tabby Cat class. It is so nice to have her here with us also.
- HOLIDAY SCHEDULE – Pooh Corner will close at 2:00 on Tuesday, December 24th and will be closed all day on Wednesday, December 25th for the Christmas holiday. Pooh Corner will close at 2:00 on Tuesday, December 31st and will be closed all day on Wednesday, January 1st for the New Year’s holiday. Be sure to mark these dates on your calendar!
- SANTA PICTURES – Southern Smiles Photography will be here on December 10th, starting at 9:00, to take pictures of the children with Santa. Siblings will be photographed together. Please let us know if you do not want child’s picture taken.
- CLOTHING – Please be sure that we have a weather appropriate change of clothes here for your child.
- PROGRESS REPORTS – All children will be receiving an age appropriate progress report on Dec. 20th. Preschool parents will need to sign and return the Progress Report so that it can be completed again in June. Infant, toddler and school age progress reports do not have to be returned. You will be amazed at the progress your children have made this school year!
- INCLEMENT WEATHER – Along with the holiday season comes the possibility of SNOW! Please know that we make EVERY effort possible to remain open during inclement weather. However, should there be a need to close the center or change operating hours, it will be announced on the television (Channel 6). We will post any closings and/or changes on the Pooh Corner website and change the message on the answering machine as soon as a decision has been made.
- TUITION PAYMENTS are due on Friday for the upcoming week. Balances that are due will be in red; a credit balance will be in black. There will be a $25 late payment fee posted to accounts that have a balance due at closing on Fridays.
- Please be sure that we have current and CORRECT contact information in your child’s file. It is extremely important that we be able to get in contact with you in case of emergency, sickness, etc. If you need to update your emergency contact people and/or authorized pick up people, please see Mrs. Darlene.
- We need to have updated physical and immunizations information each time your child goes for a well-baby visit. You can grab a form from the office shelf or from the classroom.
A safe, fun and nurturing environment.
Pooh Corner has been caring for children for over 30 years as a state licensed center with excellent ratings and a solid reputation since our beginning.
We care for children from 4 weeks to 12 years of age — year round. All of our programs, full and part-time, are nurturing and structured, with emphasis on the appropriate educational skills at each stage of development.
Pooh Corner Child Care Center cares for children from the areas of, but not limited to, Ashland, Atlee, Hanover, Glen Allen, Elmont and areas as far as Richmond, Virginia.
We specialize in the following:
Teddy Bear Class
Before & After School
Summer & Back-up Care
Activities, Lessons and Field Trips and at Pooh Corner.
We are more than a childcare center. Our childcare and early education programs focus on school readiness, social and emotional development, literacy, problem solving and other critical life skills – with all the fun of being a kid mixed in!
Such as music and dance classes, gymnastics and movement classes, and drawing and computer classes.
We also have
Special activities at the center, such as Water Works and visits from the ice cream truck.
Weekly trips swimming, skating, bowling, visiting the library and various parks.
Group activity time
Includes arts and crafts, board games, working together in groups to complete projects, active games, and much more.
Welcome to Pooh Corner’s latest news, events and blog section. This is where you will find helpful information throughout the year. Check back often for updates!
November certainly did fly by! Everyone loved pajama day! The children also enjoyed the free demo class on the Life Gymnastics bus. Unfortunately, we did not have enough children sign up to start the class in November. Mr. Mike is willing to give us another chance...
The month of November really went by fast! We had extra time with our friends because of the early releases and days schools were closed. Everyone enjoyed this extra play time and the pajama day. The homework room was not very busy in November. Please make sure you...
INFANT TIDBITS We would like to welcome Kori Winston to the Infant class. We look forward to getting to know her better. TODDLER TIME As we waddle away from November and pat our full tummies, we take a moment to reflect upon the things shared and learned. We’ve had so...
A long tradition of quality care.
Welcome to Pooh Corner. Our website offers you the opportunity to learn more about Pooh Corner Child Care Center, founded in 1984. To learn more about us, click any item on our menu. If you have comments or questions, let us know by clicking Contact Us. Thank you for visiting and be sure to check back often for updated information.
Darlene Holmes, Director