PARENTS: For Monthly Reminders and Pooh Corner News:
The Best Kept Secret in Hanover!
Schedule a tour:
- NEW CHILDREN – We have several new children to introduce who started in February. Lyla Dowell was new to the Bumble Bee class. Jameson Dowell and Michael Pontier-Creson were new to the School Age program. We would like to welcome these children and their families to Pooh Corner Center.
- ALL CENTER PAJAMA DAY #4 – Once again, Pajama day was a huge hit in February and everyone said they would love to have another one in March. March 5th will be another All Center Pajama Day. Wear your craziest!!
- BUNNY PHOTOS – Southern Smiles Photography will be here on March 4th, starting at 9 a.m., to take Spring pictures with a live rabbit. You will receive an online ordering code after the photoshoot to view and purchase products. All viewing and purchasing will be done virtually, there will be no printed proofs or packages to view. All infants, toddlers, and preschoolers present that day will be photographed. School Age virtual learners will need to sign up to have their pictures taken. Please watch for a signup sheet. Happy Spring!
- REMINDER – Please be sure to let us know when your child will not be attending Pooh Corner for ANY reason. We need to know this for lunch and food counts, and most importantly, for maintaining ratios. If your child is out sick, please let us know of any symptoms your child may be experiencing. This is required, as stated in the Parental Agreement that everyone signs. It is helpful if we can let other parents know what symptoms to look for, in case there is more than one child with similar symptoms.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER – Along with the holiday season comes the possibility of SNOW! Please know that we make EVERY effort possible to remain open during inclement weather. However, should there be a need to close the center, it will be announced as early as possible. It will be announced on WTVR 6 and any affiliated radio stations. We will post any closings on our website and update the message on our phone line.
A safe, fun and nurturing environment.
Pooh Corner has been caring for children for over 30 years as a state licensed center with excellent ratings and a solid reputation since our beginning.
We care for children from 4 weeks to 12 years of age — year round. All of our programs, full and part-time, are nurturing and structured, with emphasis on the appropriate educational skills at each stage of development.
Pooh Corner Child Care Center cares for children from the areas of, but not limited to, Ashland, Atlee, Hanover, Glen Allen, Elmont and areas as far as Richmond, Virginia.
We specialize in the following:
Teddy Bear Class
Before & After School
Summer & Back-up Care
Activities, Lessons and Field Trips and at Pooh Corner.
We are more than a childcare center. Our childcare and early education programs focus on school readiness, social and emotional development, literacy, problem solving and other critical life skills – with all the fun of being a kid mixed in!
Such as music and dance classes, gymnastics and movement classes, and drawing and computer classes.
We also have
Special activities at the center, such as Water Works and visits from the ice cream truck.
Weekly trips swimming, skating, bowling, visiting the library and various parks.
Group activity time
Includes arts and crafts, board games, working together in groups to complete projects, active games, and much more.
Welcome to Pooh Corner’s latest news, events and blog section. This is where you will find helpful information throughout the year. Check back often for updates!
Well, it was definitely an exciting month full of snow and ice! Everyone enjoyed the days out of school, both the scheduled days off and the surprise ones. We enjoyed having a pajama party on Pajama Day. We ate party foods, watched a movie and relaxed in our...
INFANT TIDBITS We have several new children to introduce who started in February. Lyla Dowell was new to the Bumble Bee class. Jameson Dowell and Michael Pontier-Creson were new to the School Age program. We would like to welcome these children and their families to...
Brrr!! February was definitely an indoor month. (Except for those few nice days we had right at the end!) We are soooooo ready for Spring!! Everyone enjoyed our Pajama Day and we are looking forward to the next one on March 5th. Please remember that Spring Bunny...
A long tradition of quality care.
Welcome to Pooh Corner. Our website offers you the opportunity to learn more about Pooh Corner Child Care Center, founded in 1984. To learn more about us, click any item on our menu. If you have comments or questions, let us know by clicking Contact Us. Thank you for visiting and be sure to check back often for updated information.
Darlene Holmes, Director