PARENTS: For Monthly Reminders and Pooh Corner News:
The Best Kept Secret in Hanover!
Schedule a tour:
- We have one new family to introduce who joined us in August. Jameson Dowell will be going into Kindergarten at Kersey Creek. Lyla Dowell is in the Teddy Bear class. We would like to welcome these children and their family to Pooh Corner Center.
- We would also like to say “Good Luck” to those children going to “Big” school. Some we will be seeing as “School Agers” in the afternoon, others we will be seeing on breaks. We hope you all have a great year!
- Tuition payments are due on Friday for the upcoming week. Balances that are due will be in red; a credit balance will be in black. There will be a $25 late payment fee posted to accounts that have a balance due at closing on Fridays.
- Please be sure that we have current and CORRECT contact information in your child’s file. It is extremely important that we be able to get in contact with you in case of emergency, sickness, etc. If you need to update your emergency contact people and/or authorized pick up people, please see Mrs. Darlene.
- We need to have updated physical and immunizations information each time your child goes for a well-baby visit. You can grab a form from the office shelf or from the classroom.
A safe, fun and nurturing environment.
Pooh Corner has been caring for children for over 30 years as a state licensed center with excellent ratings and a solid reputation since our beginning.
We care for children from 4 weeks to 12 years of age — year round. All of our programs, full and part-time, are nurturing and structured, with emphasis on the appropriate educational skills at each stage of development.
Pooh Corner Child Care Center cares for children from the areas of, but not limited to, Ashland, Atlee, Hanover, Glen Allen, Elmont and areas as far as Richmond, Virginia.
We specialize in the following:
Teddy Bear Class
Before & After School
Summer & Back-up Care
Activities, Lessons and Field Trips and at Pooh Corner.
We are more than a childcare center. Our childcare and early education programs focus on school readiness, social and emotional development, literacy, problem solving and other critical life skills – with all the fun of being a kid mixed in!
Such as music and dance classes, gymnastics and movement classes, and drawing and computer classes.
We also have
Special activities at the center, such as Water Works and visits from the ice cream truck.
Weekly trips swimming, skating, bowling, visiting the library and various parks.
Group activity time
Includes arts and crafts, board games, working together in groups to complete projects, active games, and much more.
Welcome to Pooh Corner’s latest news, events and blog section. This is where you will find helpful information throughout the year. Check back often for updates!
We had a wonderful summer, stayed busy and tried our best to stay cool. We spent the last month of the summer creating sand art pictures, dot sticker flowers, insect masks and felt insects. We also made fuse bead decorations, played games and made structures out of...read more
It's hard to believe that the summer is over! We had so much fun, the time really went by fast. We are already looking forward to next summer, especially the ice cream truck! We wish the Tabby Cats the best of luck as they move on to Kindergarten. Please make sure...read more
INFANT TIDBITS Reminder: We need to have updated physical and immunizations information each time your child goes for a well-baby visit. You can grab a form from the office shelf or from the classroom. TODDLER TIME Wow! Time flies when you’re having fun! This summer...read more
A long tradition of quality care.
Welcome to Pooh Corner. Our website offers you the opportunity to learn more about Pooh Corner Child Care Center, founded in 1984. To learn more about us, click any item on our menu. If you have comments or questions, let us know by clicking Contact Us. Thank you for visiting and be sure to check back often for updated information.
Darlene Holmes, Director