PARENTS: For Monthly Reminders and Pooh Corner News:
The Best Kept Secret in Hanover!
Schedule a tour:
- SPECIAL NOTICE 4/01/20: To Our Pooh Corner Families:
I really wish I had some great words of wisdom, encouragement or comfort that I could share with you all right now. Unfortunately, I have NONE. I CAN give you a very sincere promise of doing everything I possibly can do to help get us ALL through this “state of emergency” together. We will try our hardest to keep your children safe, happy and help give them a sense of security and normalcy. Obviously, some of our friends aren’t coming right now and we do miss them. With that being said, and the new “group size” restrictions, we have had to do some “regrouping” of our own. We are trying to keep the day as routine as possible without too much confusion. We do appreciate our families who are bringing their children here during this time of crisis, because we, like you, can’t really “work from home”. We are trying to weather the storm, financially, the best that we can. And we do thank you for that! Please stay safe! – Mrs. Darlene
- PARENT – TEACHER CONFERENCES – We have set aside times to have parent/teacher conferences for anyone who is interested. Conferences can be set up between 12:15 and 1:30 on April 28th, 29th and 30th. Please see Mrs. Darlene to schedule a conference with your child’s teacher if you have any questions or concerns about your child’s progress.
- CLOTHING – Please be sure that we have a weather appropriate change of clothes here for your child.
- PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE (PRETTY PLEASE?) Let us know if your child will not be attending Pooh Corner on ANY given day; either for “fun” or “sickness”. It really does help us plan our day with staffing, food, scheduling, etc. If your child is out due to sickness, please let us know of any symptoms he/she may be experiencing. This way we can help monitor any/all symptoms of what “bugs” may be going around if they need to go to the doctor.
- TUITION PAYMENTS – Tuition payments are due on Fridays for the upcoming week. Tuition is billed on Thursdays; any balance due will be shown in red, credit balances are shown in black. There is a $25 late payment fee posted on accounts that have a balance due IF your child is here on Friday. Credit and debit card payments will have a 3% fee added in.
- Please be sure that we have current and CORRECT contact information in your child’s file. It is extremely important that we be able to get in contact with you in case of emergency, sickness, etc. If you need to update your emergency contact people and/or authorized pick up people, please see Mrs. Darlene.
- We need to have updated Emergency Medical Authorization forms and Registration forms filled out for EVERYONE. Please take an extra minute to fill them out. These forms are kept on the office shelf.
A safe, fun and nurturing environment.
Pooh Corner has been caring for children for over 30 years as a state licensed center with excellent ratings and a solid reputation since our beginning.
We care for children from 4 weeks to 12 years of age — year round. All of our programs, full and part-time, are nurturing and structured, with emphasis on the appropriate educational skills at each stage of development.
Pooh Corner Child Care Center cares for children from the areas of, but not limited to, Ashland, Atlee, Hanover, Glen Allen, Elmont and areas as far as Richmond, Virginia.
We specialize in the following:
Teddy Bear Class
Before & After School
Summer & Back-up Care
Activities, Lessons and Field Trips and at Pooh Corner.
We are more than a childcare center. Our childcare and early education programs focus on school readiness, social and emotional development, literacy, problem solving and other critical life skills – with all the fun of being a kid mixed in!
Such as music and dance classes, gymnastics and movement classes, and drawing and computer classes.
We also have
Special activities at the center, such as Water Works and visits from the ice cream truck.
Weekly trips swimming, skating, bowling, visiting the library and various parks.
Group activity time
Includes arts and crafts, board games, working together in groups to complete projects, active games, and much more.
Welcome to Pooh Corner’s latest news, events and blog section. This is where you will find helpful information throughout the year. Check back often for updates!
The month of March turned out to be very different than expected! We hope that everyone is transitioning to new ways of living and staying healthy. We are trying to keep everyone safe and healthy and continue our academic program as best as the situation will allow....
As the school year has abruptly come to an unexpected end, our plans for the future are still being formed. It is a day to day, week to week process. At this time, we cannot go on trips or have outside vendors come into the center for activities. As the school...
We had a lot of fun in March. We started the month off by celebrating Dr. Seuss’ birthday and birds. We put the letters in our name on strips of red and white paper to make a “Cat in the Hat” hat. We made a pipe cleaner bird feeder with Cheerios on it. Our second week...
A long tradition of quality care.
Welcome to Pooh Corner. Our website offers you the opportunity to learn more about Pooh Corner Child Care Center, founded in 1984. To learn more about us, click any item on our menu. If you have comments or questions, let us know by clicking Contact Us. Thank you for visiting and be sure to check back often for updated information.
Darlene Holmes, Director