PARENTS: For Monthly Reminders and Pooh Corner News:
The Best Kept Secret in Hanover!
Schedule a tour:
- DECISIONS. DECISIONS: Please be sure to let us know what your plans are for the upcoming school year. We want to make sure we have everything we need to assist with those doing VIRTUAL LEARNING here. We do have Comcast coming out to upgrade our internet services for those virtual learners. We also need to plot and plan any transportation services you may need. We want to help in any way we can to have the best school year possible.
- NEW CHILDREN: We have several new children to introduce who joined us in July. Sydney Wallace was new in the Infant class. Olivia Jones was new to the Toddler class. Amari and Nevaeh Drayton were new to the School Age program. We would like to welcome these children and their families to Pooh Corner Center.
- ICE CREAM TRUCK: The ice cream truck comes on Wednesdays!! $2.50 will get your child a special cold treat to enjoy!! This seems to be the highlight of the day!
- NEW RATES: I hope everyone received a copy of the new rates that will go into effect with the payment on September 4th. We managed to make it through Phase 1 and 2 with all the extra requirements, stipulations and restrictions that were handed down to us from the Health Department and Social Services (ONLY with the help from the Small Business Association and the PPP loan did we survive that madness.) Phase 3 guidelines for child care did not ease any of our restrictions: our group sizes are still limited, our activities are still limited, our class interactions are still limited, meals times are restricted, the extra cleaning and disinfecting are still being done throughout the day and nightly, etc. The only way we can continue to function and follow the guidelines that we have been given is to have a rate increase. Rate increases are never easy and there is never a good time to implement one, but this one is absolutely necessary for the center to continue to care for your children.
- SKIN PRODUCTS: Please be sure to send in sunscreen and/or insect repellent if you want your child to have these products applied at Pooh Corner. We must have signed permission forms for these products to be applied here. We keep these forms on the shelf at the office. These forms can give “long term” permission for applications throughout the summer but the forms MUST have the specific name of the product being used. If you decide to change the product, you must complete a new form.
A safe, fun and nurturing environment.
Pooh Corner has been caring for children for over 30 years as a state licensed center with excellent ratings and a solid reputation since our beginning.
We care for children from 4 weeks to 12 years of age — year round. All of our programs, full and part-time, are nurturing and structured, with emphasis on the appropriate educational skills at each stage of development.
Pooh Corner Child Care Center cares for children from the areas of, but not limited to, Ashland, Atlee, Hanover, Glen Allen, Elmont and areas as far as Richmond, Virginia.
We specialize in the following:
Teddy Bear Class
Before & After School
Summer & Back-up Care
Activities, Lessons and Field Trips and at Pooh Corner.
We are more than a childcare center. Our childcare and early education programs focus on school readiness, social and emotional development, literacy, problem solving and other critical life skills – with all the fun of being a kid mixed in!
Such as music and dance classes, gymnastics and movement classes, and drawing and computer classes.
We also have
Special activities at the center, such as Water Works and visits from the ice cream truck.
Weekly trips swimming, skating, bowling, visiting the library and various parks.
Group activity time
Includes arts and crafts, board games, working together in groups to complete projects, active games, and much more.
Welcome to Pooh Corner’s latest news, events and blog section. This is where you will find helpful information throughout the year. Check back often for updates!
July certainly was a HOT month! We continued to enjoy our Wednesday Ice Cream and look forward to visiting the truck the rest of the summer. Some of the children say they are going to try something new each week! We were glad to be able to participate in...
We had a blast in July! Our weekly themes included Independence Day, Ocean Animals, Travel, and The Beach. Check out the giant flag we made in the hallway! Each square has something on it that shows what we love about our country. Across from the flag, you'll see...
INFANT TIDBITS We would like to welcome Sydney to the Infant class. She is a very happy baby and has adjusted very nicely to her new surroundings. She even enjoys tummy time. Wise is starting to roll from back to front. He loves to coo and smile. He enjoys sitting in...
A long tradition of quality care.
Welcome to Pooh Corner. Our website offers you the opportunity to learn more about Pooh Corner Child Care Center, founded in 1984. To learn more about us, click any item on our menu. If you have comments or questions, let us know by clicking Contact Us. Thank you for visiting and be sure to check back often for updated information.
Darlene Holmes, Director